The Ultimate Book Tag || Reading Rapunzel

1:58:00 PM


Hello Lovelies!
I came to the realization that most of you do not know me very well, and that sucks.
I wanted to find a way for you guys to learn a little more about me. 
So I thought I would do the Ultimate Book Tag that I saw 
over at Happy IndulgenceI tag all of you to answer these questions!
xx

1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
One of my talents is being able to read in the car without getting sick. I'm not ashamed to say I am  very proud of myself (please note sarcasm) lol

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I found E. Lockhart's writing in We Were Liars extremely unique. It was very mysterious and she had such great use of metaphors and imagery it was astounding.
One part that I loved was when the main character, Cadence, was  describing how she felt about her dad leaving their family:
"Then he pulled out a handgun and shot me in the chest. I was standing on the lawn and I fell. The bullet hole opened wide and my heart rolled out of my rib cage and down into the flower bed. Blood gushed rhythmically from my open wound, then from my eyes, my ears, my mouth." -CHILLS-
There where parts where she would write small little fairy tales that related to the main character and her family, all beginning with ONCE UPON A time, in between chapters which I also loved. I think she defiantly captured the suspense of secrecy and mystery in her writing style. It defiantly complemented and added to the story. Also, I loved how the events of the plot were written, by leaving room for complete interpretation by the reader. 

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
I HAVEN'T READ EITHER! YIKES! An before you all come yelling at me, YES I know these are both great series, and YES I do plan on reading them. I already have 4 of the Harry Potter books and I still have not read any of them (disregarding first few chapters of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone) BUT I'M PLANNING TO! I've seen all the movies MANY times and I loved them (keep in mind that sadly, I wasn't much of a reader during my childhood) Don't hate me LOL

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
When ever I leave my house (during the day when there is light out and I can actually read, usually not at night) I will most likely bring a book with me. Most of my bags are too small to actually fit my books in them :( So I just carry them. Other than books, I usually carry a notebook to take notes, a pen, some gum, and my wallet. I should probably buy bigger bags to fit all my books...

5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. Admit it, all book lovers do. They just smell nice! If you deny it, you are lying.

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Although I love artwork in books, I don't really dig illustrations. I think it's more fun to let the reader develop characters that are aesthetically pleasing in their own head while reading. It adds to the reading experience.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
When I picked up Girl Online by Zoe Sugg, at the time I love Zoe's videos and I though she was great. I enjoyed the story, but the writing wasn't that great and, I believe there is controversy over her having a ghost writer? I didn't look into it.. :(

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I didn't read much when I was younger (sadly) I read in school but not a lot at home. Most of my  YA reading started in 6th grade. My obsessive YA reading started in 8th grade and hasn't stopped since.

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Shortest Book: It's a close tie between Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird
Thinest Book: Cruel Crown by (my fave) Victoria Aveyard

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Probably not. One day I hope too. I love writing (almost as much as I love reading) and I would jump at any chance to grow and develop my writing style as well as persue it as a career. I could see myself as an author (if I continue to work on my writing) just not anytime in the near future.

12. When did you get into reading?
Obviously I read like every other child when I was young. Some books I loved were the Magic Tree House and the Series of Unfortunate Events series. But my undying love for reading didn't actually begin till I was in sixth grade. My sister told me about this book called "The Hunger Games"? I don't know if you have heard of it, but it's kind of like popular....(please note my sarcasm). After I binge read that series in sixth grade I took a break from hardcore reading. That was until 8th grade when my teacher Mrs. Fitzell (bless this woman) told our class about this book she read over the summer: Divergent. That was the small push that I needed to get into reading. I read the divergent trilogy in less than a month (Which was unheard of by me) and continued reading after that. I think that is why Divergent will always have a special place in my heart. I believe it is the only book I have reread fully more than twice. (I have actually read divergent 5 times i'm not even joking)

13. What is your favorite classic book?
Peter Pan by J.M Barrie

14. In school what was your best subject?
I think maybe Human Anatomy because I find it so interesting. Other than that, I would say probably English.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would probably be really nice about it. I wouldn't want to make the person who gave it to me feel bad. I'll keep the book or give it away, but make sure the person knows I appreciated the gift. Like they took the time to buy me a book! That shows that they know I love to read, which makes me very happy. This is cheesy, but it's the thought that counts. Although, I'm pretty sure anyone who really knows me wouldn't do this. I keep my books on display in my room so close friends and family most likely know what I own. (And if they haven't seen my shelf i've probably rambled about some books after I finished them)

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I honestly don't know. I don't think I have read anything very similar to either.

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Forgetting to post or never finishing the post. (I know I'm still pretty new to the blogging thing, but you will be surprised that this has happened many times)

18. What is your favorite word?
This is a hard question. I love the word Extraordinary. :)

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
My sister calls me a nerd so probably. Or maybe all of the above. Oh well, who needs boys and social events when you have books?

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
FAIRIES ALL THE WAY. I've never really liked vampires.  I honestly don;t know why. I will always give books and movies on vampires a shot, but they aren't my favorites. But I do really love fairies. I bet they're beautiful and they can fly which is so cool. Also, they remind me of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell which are two of my favorite Disney characters.. (other than Rapunzel...OBVIOUSLY) :)

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Never read about either in a book. I should really expand into different branches of fantasy. Both sound really cool so both.  

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves because they are probably hot... (TEEN WOLF THOUGH)
Spirits sound too scary for me. (

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Zombies for sure. I haven't read a lot of zombie novels before, except for the Cranks in The Maze Runner.. but they are still SO cool. Also, you guys already know I'm not into Vampires.
I need to start reading more books with scary/creepy aspects to them.

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Ok love triangles freaking suck. The only way I will accept a love triangle in a book is if the writing is freaking flawless. (I say this now, but lets be honest: if a book has a love triangle i'll most likely still read it.. lol) So for this question i'll probably go for Forbidden Love because it sounds very romantic.

25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I defiantly love action packed books that have subtle romance. I recently finished The Fifth Wave and it was amazing! (review coming soon). I think mostly it depends on my mood. I always love a fluffy contemporary book, but at the moment I would have to go with action packed books. 


And that's the tag! Thanks so much for reading guys. 
It was so fun to answer these questions!
Remember, I tag you! If you do this tag (or have already) let me know
in the comments, i'd love to check it out. 
Hope everyone has a wonderful and extraordinary day. 
I will be back soon with a review on
"The Fifth Wave" (AHHH!!)
xx
Rapunzel
***

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Physical Copy or Ebook?

Most Anticipated Reads 2016

  • A Court Of Mist and Fury
  • A Torch Against The Night
  • Frost Like Night
  • Furthermore
  • Glass Sword
  • Replica
  • The Unexpected Everything

Subscribe